If you could only choose one boot for the broadest period of historic dress, the Larkspurs should be it! This faithful reproduction wool and leather bootie is accurate for a staggering 130+ years, from c. 1810 all the way through the 1930s.
PRE-ORDER. Estimated Delivery Date - February 2023. Pre-order shoes are not yet in stock and will begin shipping after they arrive, along with anything else in your order. If you wish to order an in-stock item and want to receive it sooner, please place two separate orders. See our pre-order schedules page for more information on delivery dates.
Advertised as warm and comfortable, practical, and even "healthy and sanitary," advertisements for these wool felt and leather boots were a standard in catalogs from the 1890s well into the 1930s. The style itself is significantly older, shown in illustrations throughout the Victorian period and before.
These adorable and versatile booties have a 0.75 in / 2 cm common sense heel with a safety rubber heel lift. The toes are lightly structure, softly squared. The boots are lined in wool felt to match the upper, with leather facings for durability, and a leather insole. The Larkspurs are wonderfully comfortable, warm, and extremely practical.
Materials & Sizing
- Wool felt and leather upper
- 100% Leather soles with sealer
- Wool felt lined with leather insoles
- Shaft measures 5 in / 12.7 cm.
- Common sense heel 0.75 in / 2 cm high
- Adjustable lace-up closure with metal eyelets
- Lightly-structured toe boxes
- Left and Right lasted.
- B width - ladies needing a "C" width fitting should order a half-size larger.